Wednesday, December 06, 2006

This is why we hate you, Danny

I've been a Redskins season ticketholder for about 11 years. I've seen the team go from the perennial playoff contender it was in the glory days, to the absolute joke of a team that it is today. I've seen the team go from a personality-rich little gem of a stadium, where the opposition hated to play, to the soulless concrete doughnut that is FedEx field. I've seen the owner go from the spirited but liberal spending Jack Kent Cooke, to the whiny little micromanager that is Dan Snyder.

This week, the Redskins sent me an online survey. "Hey," I thought, "maybe they're trying." I see that you can rank various aspects of the event and staff from a scale of 1-5. Except, of course, the item "Event staff were courteous and efficient." There you can only rank them from a scale of 2-5. I guess telling the event staff that they are not courteous nor efficient is unacceptable. Now Snyder can tally the results and say "See? My staff isn't the worst in the league -- the fans say so!"

I should also note that nowhere is the fan allowed to indicate his or her feelings about the price of the event, from tickets (which went up 21% this year), to food and beverages (it's now $7 for a decent beer) to merchandise (ever wonder why there is so much bootleg NFL gear? Because $32 for a $2.50 tee-shirt is more markup than most fans want to pay) to parking ($25 a car to park almost two miles from the stadium. And if you try to walk? Armed thugs will prevent you from walking onto the stadium grounds).

My understanding is that Snyder likes to be called "Mr. Snyder," something about his small stature. Well Danny Boy, you've outdone yourself this time. I SHOULD rank you dead last for every category, but unlike you, I have some integrity... thanks for the opportunity to sound off about how you've ruined a once-proud franchise.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home