Monday, September 25, 2006

So that's her name



I kept seeing the Chevrolet commercials, in which a familiar-looking pixie with a slightly annoying voice would tell me perhaps I should be buying bottom-of-the-barrel vehicles from the worst carmaker in America, Chevrolet. "Who the heck is she?" Google searches for "slightly butch Chevy spokeswoman" came up empty. But watching MNF tonight, I finally get her name -- Suzy Kolber.

Now I know she doesn't write the copy for those Chevy ads; she reads what they give her. Still. Comparing an entry-level SUV to Lexus, and saying the Chevy has more rear seat room, but costs $30,000 less? What is this, Saturday Night Live? "The Yaris has higher tire pressure than the Bentley Azure, but costs $225,000 less!" Maybe it's the enthusiasm in her voice; yeah, that's why they hired her, but with the crap they give her to read, it becomes a parody of itself.

That said, my Honda Element is almost twice as tall as a Lamborghini Murcielago convertible, but costs $300,000 less! (Which would YOU rather have -- a Lambo or SIXTEEN Elements? That's Hydrogen to Sulfur, folks...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home