Monday, July 31, 2006

Do what I say, not what I do...

So I'm driving south on the Baltimore-Washington Parkway, plodding along in the slow lane as those of us driving Honda Element's are wont to do. I hear the "woop-woop-WOOP" of a police siren, and notice a Park Police car in the left lane. He doesn't have his lights going. The driver in front of him quickly pulls over to the right lane, but the cop stays in the left. Speeds up. Gets right behind another driver, who of course has slowed down to the ridiculous 45mph that is posted there. "Woop-woop-WOOP." Again, a driver moves right, and the cop speeds by. "Hmm," I think. "No lights. No siren. Is he responding to a call?" I shrug, and return my attention to the Book on tape playing from the iPod.

A few miles down the road, I see the same police car -- I noted the cruiser number earlier -- now sitting on the median, behind some bushes, radar unit at the ready.

So, let me see if I have this straight: He was in a hurry to get to his ticket-writing perch, and didn't feel like waiting behind other drivers who were going the speed limit... so he could hurry up and start writing tickets for people who exceed the speed limit.

Am I missing something?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home