Sunday, April 23, 2006





An old friend sent me some scans of comic strips from college. He and I and a few others lived in the basement of a dorm. There were only a few rooms down there, the rest being taken up by boilers and storerooms and such. We loved it. A film called "C.H.U.D." came out one year, an acronym standing for "Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers." The tag line was "They're not staying down there any more!" We loved it. We had a motto.

None of us could draw. But we fancied ourselves as funny guys, more than one of us being English majors and all. So we'd draw little cartoons about each other, and leave them taped to each other's doors. Mine got a little out of control. Did I mention I can't draw? Sure as hell couldn't then, either.

So, fresh from 1983, here's a sample of "Pennsylvania Rice and the Internship of Doom." Click on the single panel for the whole shootin' match.

And I didn't even notice until just now that my Ronald Reagan (yes, that's who it's supposed to be) has his finger poised over a button...

1 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Well, it LOOKS like Reagan..so you weren't as bad as you think!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home