Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A fitting end


The picture wrapped. Finally. After 13 hours of shooting, the sun was up, and we'd finished a big special effects shot. The last shot on the day was a closed set, an actress in a shower. So the rest of us got a jump on wrapping the sets, and the grips started assembling their miles of cable, tons of chromium steel stands, and shot bags. I dropped off a few things at the lockup, then, my car literally filled to the roof with personal possessions (including an oak sleigh bed), I headed up to my storage locker and unloaded.

Done.

Tuesday evening, we had our wrap party, at a lovely little private marina over in Eastport. As always with this production, the weather was abnormally cold. But everyone was having a good time. Drinks were aplenty, and we ran a few scenes for the crew, plus some (pretty funny) behind-the-scenes footage. Fun times.

Until, of course, Annapolis' finest paid a visit based on complaints about noise. Things got worse from there: One person arrested for unknown reasons, another for mouthing off to the arresting officers. The rest of us tried to figure out a bar in which to continue the party, but I got separated from the van. Realizing I was too tired to stay out anyway, I trekked home and got a great night's sleep. Which means I didn't get to make all the goodbyes I'd wanted to, but that's film.

And that's a wrap.

2 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Bent! Let us know what the flick is as soon as it's OK to do so!

--your minions

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger eric said...

Here's the why: you're no-one until TMZ reports on you:

http://www.tmz.com/2008/04/30/that-guy-actor-busted-for-drug-posession/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home