Friday, April 25, 2008

Setting thy houses in order

Two if them, to be exact: They're old caretaker's homes at the fringe of the facility. One is in decent shape, as one of the maintenance guys lived there until recently. The other is, quite literally, falling apart. My scenic put her hand through a plaster wall trying to paint it. The script calls for a certain southern poverty, but this might be overdoing it.

The line producer calls me at 1100 telling me that they're moving up the schedule one day. Instead of having two days and one night to prep the next set, I have one day, eight hours to be exact. So I scramble for set dressing, my carpenter bangs out the needed doors and windows, his helper scrounges for smalls, and I sit in the hotel lobby creating fake web sites. We're ready. It really wasn't that big of a change, as we've actually gone past the most difficult sets. There are five days left in the shoot, plus three more for wrap, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel -- and I'm pretty sure it's not a GP40.

When this movie wraps, I will have exactly one day before I start prepping for some commercials in New Jersey. And, in the middle of that, it looks like I'll be doing greens for a major feature that is rolling through DC in mid May. It's nice to be working, but it would also be nice to have a single day off this spring...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home