Sunday, January 22, 2006

Let the Advertising Madness Begin



Exciting games this weekend. Guess I'll have to suffer through another couple weeks of Bill Cowher. Oh well.

The Burger King spot where the King assumes Steve Young's body and scrambles through the Vikings defense is just hilarious. I love the way it ties the slightly overcranked, grainy, NFL films look with their wonderfully cheesy music.

Then again, the King is still creepy. But in a good way...

On the flip side... what the heck happened to that McDonald's spot? You, know the one where the fellow is making hors d'oeuvres out of Quarter Pounders? It looks like it was printed on an 8mm transfer with a single light. The first time I saw it, a couple weeks ago, I figured it was some glitch at CBS. But now it's run at least a dozen times that I've seen, and each time it's this God-awful transfer. It's one thing when you deliberately go for a grainy look, or degrade the image to make a point, but this just plain looks like a mistake. I'm a little surprised that Mickey-D's ad firm allowed this one out the door.

Since I'm predicting a complete rout by the Seahawks, perhaps some good spots will keep our interest this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home