Saturday, December 17, 2005

WatchCop

Regular readers (ha) will recall that I have a fascination with the director Peter Hyams. Tonight I ran the DVD of one of his lesser films, TimeCop. The movie is bad enough without the awful 4:3 pan-and-scan transfer, but take a look at the TimeCop's futuristic wristwatch (he's supposed to be from 2004, but the film takes place in 1994).




Now compare it with my own Casio DW-400, which I purchased for about $25 in 1993. (It still runs just fine. Now, the $800 Chase-Durer I bought back in my yuppie days? Different story.)



And no, I'm not wearing two sweaters. My wrists really are that hairy.

Clearly I was ahead of my, um, time.

1 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger eric said...

okay, now you're thinking like a prop guy....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home