Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Book of Not-so Secrets


It was fun reading the imdb.com discussions about "National Treasure: Book of Secrets." All kinds of rumors would pop up, some founded, others not so much. For instance there was talk of "shooting at the Smithsonian." Well, sort of: We used the Masonic Lodge in Alexandria to double as an unnamed Smithsonian building; I feel sorry for anyone who camped out on the Mall waiting for Nick Cage to show up.

It was delicious knowing the cast changes before they were public; when Helen Mirren was signed on, I saw her name on a callsheet a week before the info hit the web. But of course, it's no fun when you can't tell anyone!

Lots of fun locations: My third project at the Library of Congress. A stunningly beautiful Mount Vernon (and my third project there). Chevy Chase, University of Maryland, The White House, The Capitol, a mini-tour of the DC area. It was a great crew, the All-Stars of Baltimore, and even the LA guys were a hoot to work with. Six weeks straight, and one back injury later, I was ready for the wrap. Our giant warehouse in Landmark, once filled with all of the set dressing, the carpenter's shop, the paint shop, and the clutter from the effects guys... it was strange to see it all gone, packed away onto 18-wheelers destined for South Dakota or LA. A big empty, echoing room. I was the last one out. I remembered an old Don Henley line, "I need to remember this." Look around one more time.

Then pulled the door shut behind me.

"NT2" is scheduled to open Dec 21.

Next for me? Directing six commercials for an insurance company in Delaware, directing an emergency response training video for a local government, shooting some stills, shooting and editing for a small production company in DC. Should be a busy summer (I hope).

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought Voight's LeBaron convertible at a used car dealership in NY! And there was a chewed pencil in the glovebox!

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Slobberchops said...

Well I didn't want to mention about how he bit my arm, but now that you've brought it up...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home